Technical Planning Manager - Self Adhesive Labels
NEW VACANCY! (PK5530)
TECHNICAL PLANNING MANAGER – SELF ADHESIVE LABELS
SCOTLAND – Please contact me for further location details
Salary dependent on experience + 35 days holiday + workplace pension.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 17:00
Our client is a leading international manufacturer of high quality printed complex labels. Specialising in high-end, unique and complex self-adhesive labelling solutions for promotional or functional use in a variety of paper and synthetic materials. All produced in house in a variety of print formats from Flexo, Digital, Offset and Silkscreen with additional decoration facilities such as holographic foils.
To provide complete support to the business for all technical aspects of our product. To ensure that customers’ needs are met and they experience consistent, positive service levels from the company. To ensure that all R&D is coordinated, managed and documented through the business. To lead technical innovation and to enhance the business development offering to deliver technical training across the business with a philosophy of continuous improvement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- To give complete support and technical sign off for new projects coming from our Sales and Account Management teams.
- To be the lead person to manage press passes, co-ordinating and liaising between production and the account management team.
- Responsible for technical training across the business.
- Placing orders and buying printing plates, cutters, materials, etc.
- Support production & studio with continuous improvement plans and execution.
- To work within the remit of ISO9001 & BRC.
- Produce and present to the business new innovation on a regular basis.
Skills & Experience required:
- You must be an excellent man manager and team player.
- Ideally you will have label experience or design/artwork/repro experience.
- You will be technically competent in the following printing and embellishment techniques & have good knowledge of filmic & paper self – adhesive materials.
- Rotary screen
- Digital printing
- Rotary & Flatbed Hot foil
- Embellishment techniques
- Cold foil
- Tactile & niche varnishes
- You must be a problem solver
- Must possess excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure