Our client is a packaging business involved in flexibles and board offering value added flexible packaging for the personal care, food, industrial and beverages markets. They serve leading processors, brand owners, and retailers across Europe, Middle East and Africa. They have expertise and world class assets specialised in printing capabilities, packaging technology, and convenience features. The business is now looking to recruit a Sales Manager for the UK.
- Reporting to the Sales Director this opportunity will focus on establishing strong relationships with both current key customers and new businesses.
- A strong technical capability within technical packaging will be required for this role and the ability to suggest potential NPD projects to meet customer specifications.
- A thorough understanding of the manufacturing process and supply chain is required to demonstrate a sound understanding when discussing volumes and ensuring that manufacturing can meet customer requirements.
- The role will manage a small team of Account Managers and Business Development Managers.
- A pivotal hire for the business, the successful individual will be tasked to deliver a growth over the first 3 years.
- Forging strong internal relationships is key in this role and transparency across the product portfolio to ensure that customer demands and specifications are met on time and in full.
- The role will be equally focussed on new business development and key account management.
- Experience of managing Blue-Chip Key Accounts with the UK being the main area of focus.
- Experience with personal care customers would be advantageous.
- You will be ambitious and keen to join a forward-thinking business where high achievement is recognised and rewarded.
- Expected to develop relationships with existing and new accounts and to continually offer an in depth understanding of changing customer requirements and demands. You will also be very strong commercially and have a good grasp of managing margins and gaining profitable business.
- Market knowledge: Thorough understanding of industry and competition, demonstrating an ability to identify emerging market trends and opportunities.
- Achieve the assigned sales revenue, profitability and new customer targets by selling the complete business product range throughout the region.
- Maximize the sales performance against agreed targets and maintain profitability in line with company objectives and through discussion with sales management.
- Build long term business relationships with customers through the provision of sales, marketing, training and technical support.
- Experience of working with successful Blue-Chip customers is necessary.
- Strong minded individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and a talented influencer with an acute sense of diplomacy.
- You will be passionate about developing new business and understand how to service Blue-Chip accounts and capitalising on NPD offerings within those accounts.
- Communication is imperative within this role and the successful individual with be highly personable with the ability to become an integral part of the senior team.
Should this role be of interest, please send your CV and current package details to: email@example.com or for a private and confidential discussion
Please call Helen Kennedy at our Leeds Office on: 0113 320 2430