Assistant Quality Manager - Blown Film Extrusion / Conversion
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturing company works with some of the most renowned brands in the world, engineering solutions to improve the ease, quality and safety of the products we use in every day life.
These solutions help their clients add real value to their products by improving protection, freshness and shelf-life. The Quality Team within this innovative organisation is therefore vital to maintaining their strong reputation and market leading position. We are looking for a high calibre candidate to support the Quality & Food Safety Manager and play a key part in ensuring the full deployment of the group quality strategy, and that the quality systems and processes are designed to deliver World Class product quality performance.
Lending support and guidance to the QA team, you will assist in ensuring the sites’ full compliance to Certifications and Standards.
We seek someone with an ability to work and influence cross-functionally, up and down the organization. The Quality team will hold the Operational teams to account by ensuring processes and activities have clear standards which are rigorously enforced, and any quality failures are subject to robust investigation and corrective action activities.
Where external quality failures occur, you will help to lead the response to the customer ensuring timely and appropriate responses through a clear and well managed complaints process. This therefore requires an effective and skilled communicator, comfortable in front of customers.
An improvement mind-set is critical, along with a requirement to be willing to help implement and drive CI within the QA / Customer care areas and support CI throughout the business as a whole.
- Strong leader who can drive the Quality strategy whilst recognising that the “owners” of quality are the operational teams themselves.
- Must have a good working knowledge and practical experience of Quality systems and expectations of BRC/IOP, ISO std’s, and HACCP.
- Good knowledge, experience and aptitude of Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Access, is essential.
- Be comfortable in holding to account the quality “owners” whilst ensuring that the influencing relationship is maintained.
- Effective interfacing with external resources as well as with colleagues within the Company.
- Knowledge and Experience: 5-10+ years in a Quality Related Field.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Knowledge and practical experience utilizing continuous improvement methodologies and tools.
- Practical ability to push agenda and priorities either within the Company or at the Customer.
Continuous Improvement Green Belt or above would make your application stand out from the crowd. Knowledge of the blown film extrusion and conversion application processes would also be particularly advantageous.
CVs in Word Format please.
Apply for Assistant Quality Manager - Blown Film Extrusion / Conversion
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly