Area Sales Manager – Existing Territory - Packaging Machinery
TERRITORY: NORTH WEST & NORTH EAST FROM SCOTTISH BOARDERS – DOWN AS LOW AS CAMBRIDGE / STAFFORD INCLUDING NOTTINGHAM, DERBYSHRE AND LEICESTERSHIRE
Territory Value: £700K per year
Up to £30K Basic + Uncapped Commission (OTE £43K) + Car + Other Benefits
Other benefits to follow after the first 12 months of employment, such as private medical. Auto-enrolment of Pension will begin after 3rd month of employment.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of packaging machinery, protective packaging and ancillary products into a variety of markets worldwide. They are currently looking to recruit an Area Sales Manager to cover the whole of the North West / North East.
The ideal candidates would benefit from having some knowledge of the Packaging Industry but not essential. A background within the Engineering / General Packaging / Industrial or Construction Sales industry would be advantageous for this post but more than anything a hunger and desire to find new business is key.
After a short training period expected to last 4 weeks, the company would expect you to have a competent knowledge and understanding of all the company’s product range, Tooling / Machinery and Ancillary products on offer from the company and be able to demonstrate the company’s range to their customers.
- Looking after an existing territory and putting on growth
- Identifying new customers / applications.
- Your own business strategies to gain the new business required reaching targets set.
- Promoting the company’s range into new prospects and closing off the sale and then working closely with their new accounts to enhance the sales portfolio and create new ideas and opportunities for the all the product ranges.
- You will control ALL aspects of their new accounts within their area.
- Looking after existing accounts and putting on growth.
Knowledge, Experience & Requirements:
- Come from an Engineering, Packaging, Industrial, Construction sales market background.
- Be able to provide evidence of a good past sales history hitting targets set and over achieving them.
- Smart appearance, likable and approachable.
- Prepared to work above and beyond hours required.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic and passionate about the job.
- A desire to succeed and be the best at everything they do.
- Have good time keeping abilities but also have a hobby that allows them to relax when not working.
- Good telephone manor with good face to face conversation skills.
- A smart appearance.
- Good communication skills at all levels working with Directors, Buyers, Managers and be able to demonstrate a good working ethic with plenty of self-motivation enabling the right candidate to rise to sales challenges set.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills in a demanding industry and be able to work to targets.
- Computer literate and a CRM background would be an advantage – but not essential.
- Not be restricted to stay away from home for 1 – 3 days at a time and be prepared to put in hours above and beyond if required.