This is exciting times at Nomad Foods. We’re in a sustained period of growth and with the recent acquisitions of the Goodfella’s and Aunt Bessie’s brands, we are further cementing ourselves as the leading frozen food manufacturer in Europe.
This is a key role based within the Group Procurement team and has Group-wide buying responsibilities for the Plastics Packaging category for Nomad Foods’ 12 manufacturing sites across Europe. This is a complex category with a high number of specifications and suppliers. As well as the day to day buying responsibilities you will be involved in various vital projects (working closely with R&D, CSR, and QA as well as helping to drive our sustainability pledges).
Some specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing supplier relationships that deliver value across quality, service, innovation and cost
- Executing and supporting the development of the 7-step sourcing strategy for own portfolio aligned to the Group Procurement function and overall business needs and objectives
- Managing own portfolio cost base in-line with Budget / QFX forecast and supports continuous improvement projects.
- Effectively executing e-auctions, RFq and RFp activity
- Providing timely raw material market commentary in a dynamic market
Applicants will have 2+ years buying experience preferably within packaging / plastics procurement. You will be familiar with strategic sourcing plans and have a proven track record for the delivery of tangible benefits in quality, service, innovation and cost savings via a range of activities. E-Auction experience is also vital for this role.
Global sourcing experience and a good knowledge of flexibles packaging market (both the structure of the industry and key suppliers) would be highly desirable. French, German or Italian language skills would also be a bonus.
Excellent communication, negotiation and stakeholder and relationship management skills are also vital to this role.
For more information and to apply, please visit our careers site via the Apply button.