Transport Planner - Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK5578)
WEST MIDLANDS (Please contact me for further location details)
Circa £30K (this is flexible for the right candidate)
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm or 9:00am to 5:30pm
Our client is a specialist corrugated packaging manufacturer based in the Midlands, they supply their clients with digital, screen and litho printed specialist packaging products and point of sale displays.
They are currently looking to recruit a Transport Planner to join their team. Our client will consider a Junior Candidate who is IT Literate who they can train up.
The ideal candidate will have experience of a small fleet, doing bespoke daily loads rather than a larger haulier.
- Daily planning of loads for the transport fleet comprising:
- 1 x Artic
- 2 x Rigid 18T / 26T
- 3 x 7T
- 2 x Sprinter vans
- Daily process to include:
- Confirming point of delivery
- Booking in with delivery point for the agreed delivery time
- Checking load weights to ensure adherence to Vehicle capacities
- Regular communication required with Production to ensure transport plan aligns with the current production position.
- Any production delays will need to be incorporated into the transport plan.
- The organisation of transport covers the company plus ad-hoc requirements from other Group companies.
- Regular communication required with Logistics supervisor to ensure communication of loads with drivers and adherence to drivers hours regulations.
- Sourcing of external transport as and when required. Focus required to minimise cost of external transport.
Required Knowledge - Applicants Should Have:
- Some experience of the scheduling of transport in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of regulations surrounding drivers hours and the Working Time Directive
- Knowledge of VOSA obligations
- Some experience of commercial vehicle maintenance and repairs