Work Days: Monday – Friday (37.5 hours)
We are excited to be offering an opportunity to become a Packaging Technologist here at Memory Lane Cakes. The successful candidate will be part of the Purchasing team, undertaking an important role within the business. We are looking for someone that is proactive, conscientious and diligent who will meet the standards required on site.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the strategic delivery of packaging for all products within agreed timescales and to agreed specifications.
Some of the Role Key Accountabilities (including but not limited to) are:
- Generating new packaging products in response to brief’s
- To liaise closely with NPD development teams to ensure that the packaging meets set requirements and specifications.
- To manage the NPD critical path for product launches, networking well in advance to ensure efficient launches
- To attend when required, all product reviews and forums with respective customers
- To sustain and develop a good working relationship with suppliers
- To Evaluate, select and negotiate with suppliers
- To monitor supplier performance & to organise and manage factory trials
- VAVE packaging projects
We are looking for someone that has the following behaviours/ Skills
- Packaging Development & Understanding of artwork and printing processes
- Excellent communication &Computer literate
- Problem solving, Logical and analytical and Good Teamworking abilities
- Flexible with knowledge of critical paths
- Knowledge of the packaging industry – cartons, ribbons, plastics etc
- Knowledge and awareness of the environmental requirements of food packaging
- Understanding of the retail sector and a competitive market
- Working in a position where relationships need to developed and maintained by telephone
- Experience of negotiating and influencing and working in a challenging environment
- Exposure to fast moving manufacturing environments
- Exposure to the food industry and direct food contact materials.