Electrical & Controls Design Engineer
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Electrical & Controls Design Engineer who is commutable to Heywood in Lancashire and is interested in joining a great company to work for who manufacture Special Purpose Packaging Machinery.
SALARY: Up to £47,000
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Bolton, Manchester
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electrical & Controls Design Engineer
The Electrical & Controls Design Engineer role will involve;
· Attending the original design meeting, compiling the electrical specification of the special purpose machines which will include: PLC hardware, sensors, circuit breakers & motor control circuits.
· Overseeing the procurement of parts and the Electrical design to include the general layout schematics and associated cable diagrams using Solid works Electrical 3D
· Indirectly overseeing the panel build & electrical installation in the work shop
· Programming the finished machine from scratch or modifying the existing code, HMI and servo-drives
· Writing or editing user manuals (templates already in place for existing machines) &
· Occasionally assisting with on site installation, commissioning and testing of finished machines and FAT to assist the field engineers
REQUIREMENTS: Electrical & Controls Design Engineer
· You MUST have previous practical experience as an Electrical & Controls Design Engineer
· You will have programmed PLC’s from scratch for special purpose machinery (Allen Bradley preferred but not essential)
· You will have knowledge of servo-drives and HMI Screens.
· Experience of using Solid works Electrical 3D would be very advantageous
· Established 18 years ago as an agent and distributor; for the last 6 years they have progressed into designing and manufacturing their own special purpose packaging machinery and control systems to service the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, printing & direct mailing markets
· They have built up a solid blue-chip client base and have now installed over 1,500 machines across the UK
· They have ambitious organic growth plans to increase turnover by over 100% within the next 3 to 5 years.
A real chance to grow within a business that has ambitious growth plans for the next 5 years. In the next few years predicted growth will lead the successful candidate into a Senior Electrical & Controls Design Engineer role and eventually into Engineering Manager role.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: electrical design, controls engineer, automation engineer, commissioning engineer, special purpose machinery, capital equipment, Allen Bradley, siemens, packaging machinery
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Electrical & Controls Design Engineer and reference JAC14983 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.