NEW VACANCY! (PK5624)
£40K + 25 days holiday + Other Benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 – 17:00
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer supplying a range of high quality packaging into food markets. They are currently looking to recruit a Technical Specialist to lead all project engineering (NPI) requirements / activities for new projects and support all product/ supplier related issues and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of process documentation from pre-press to production for NPI, including but not limited to- Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work Instructions, Packing Instructions - Organize and Facilitate POP activities.
- Support CI and 6 Sigma programs.
- Actively support process/customer concern investigation activities using Global 8d techniques - presentation and feedback to customers on quality concerns and corrective actions.
- Support engineering change on existing products and processes.
- Ensure customers and companies quality objectives and requirements are identified
- Monitor supplier quality and provide rapid response for any quality concerns
- Management of innovation needs into full commercialization
- Help drive a continuous improvement culture on site through the implementation of key projects
- Effective technical support to all functions including quality, manufacturing, customer service, originations and sales
- Technical evaluation of products to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Appropriate analytic tasks to root cause problem solve production, customer or supplier related issues
- Complete and manage customer technical specifications
- Drive and support the rationalisation and improvement of all existing and new alternative raw materials
- Manage and participate a ‘concept/contract review system’ to ensure compliance with customer order detail, technical specification suitability and sensor check of alignment to site’s manufacturing capabilities
Expected for the Role
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience required in Manufacturing/Quality environment.
- Experience in the Print industry would be desirable.
- Project management experience including NPI introduction
- Able to create timing plans/ APQP deliverables
- Experience of Just in Time
- Excellent problem solver
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills, both verbal and in writing, with the ability to present with ease to customers and suppliers.