Business Development Manager - Pouches
PK5626 - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - POUCHES
ANY UK LOCATION
Attractive Salary (based on experience) + Monthly Commission + Bonus + Company Car + Pension + Private Health + Laptop + Mobile
Our client is a specialist in high quality rotogravure and flexographic printed laminate films, pouches, bags and sacks for food and non-food markets. They supply in a wide range of materials & composites from EVOH / OPA / PP /PE, PET to Aluminium Foil and Nylon.
They have a current requirement for a Business Development Manager who can work autonomously in a home based role to develop customer accounts and generate new business with a particular focus on pouches for the food industry.
Our client has BRC and all necessary accreditations and service their clients with in house extrusion, laminating, printing and conversion facilities.
- Developing leads into new business opportunities and customers
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Recording sales and order information and entering into a computer system
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
- Feeding future buying trends back to managers
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues
A background in sales of plain or printed pouches is key for this role.
You will be able to hit the ground running, you will be used to performing all your own costings, be able to prioritise workloads to manage own diary and take pride in getting the job done well.