Pouch / Bag Machine Operator
NEW VACANCY! (PK5631)
POUCH / BAG MACHINE OPERATOR
CHESHIRE / MERSEYSIDE / GREATER MANCHESTER
£Open depending on Experience
Hours: Currently working 2 shifts, moving to a 3 Shift pattern: 6am – 2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm – 6am
Our client is a well-established innovative high quality flexible packaging manufacturer for an ever changing and highly demanding international market place.
Our client has grown and developed over the years by adding new processes and services to provide a fully rounded flexible packaging group, able to service markets across Europe and the emerging markets. And has built its growth on the principles of respect, quality, pro-activity and independence.
They are currently looking for a 3 Side Seal Pouch Machine Operator to set up and operate the machine in accordance with procedures and guidelines and customer requirements.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Setup and operate bag machine(s) and support equipment to convert film to bags
- Read and verify line orders/dockets.
- Understand printing job requirements by the specifications.
- Set up the bag line by loading film and adjusting for size.
- Mount cylinders, adjusts pressure, tensions and adjusts distribution of ink.
- Trouble shoot stoppages and breakdowns.
- Perform quality checks of material being produced and related documentation.
- Complete daily production paperwork.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Previous bag making experience would be a distinct advantage although not essential as training would be provided.
Any Lemo, Elba or Waterline machinery experience is also beneficial.