1 day left
- Full Time
Extrusion Production Unit - Amcor Flexible Packaging
Based Workington, Cumbria
£Negotiable + Relocation (where appropriate)
Amcor Flexibles AFEMEA is the largest business group in Amcor with 11,000 co-workers, working in 51 plants in 18 countries. They deliver innovative packaging solutions and provide enhanced quality products for the food, beverage, pharma, personal care, medical and industrial markets.
A vacancy has arisen within the 24/7 Extrusion Production Unit at Amcor Flexibles Cumbria for a Technical Manager. This role will ensure Amcor Flexibles remains technically proficient in the manufacture and development of its extruded and co-extruded films which are supplied to food, medical and industrial markets.
Reporting to the Technical, Quality & CI Manager, this varied role carries responsibility for supporting internal and external customers, both in the supply of film consistent with specification and the introduction of new products which will add value.
Your remit will include:
- Ensuring that all incoming materials are approved and meet customer specifications ahead of the conversion process.
- Close liaison with R&D to develop innovative new products and improve the performance and specification of existing products, with responsibility for new material and product introductions
- Business, product and process development.
- Quality assurance, continuous improvement, and the development and maintenance of technical documentation, including recipe and trial databases.
- Contributing to the formulation of a business strategy for the future development of the Amcor Flexibles Extrusion Business Unit.
Candidates will ideally be educated to Degree level, with a proven technically focused background, gained in a progressive manufacturing/material processing environment. Whilst experience of plastics processing, extrusion or flexible packaging would be advantageous, this is not essential, as full process training will be provided.
Key to your success will be strong project management experience, with a focus on quality and continuous improvement, and the ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate logical thought patterns, problem solving tools, and attention to detail.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter quoting reference 03755 via the apply button.
Closing date: Friday 21st September 2018.
Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK. If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.