Sales Development Manager
Sales Development Managers (Northern & Southern Region)
Sector: Bespoke Shelf-Ready Packaging into Food, Retail & Display
Package: Basic Salary £40-£50,000 (dependant on experience) plus Bonus/OTE, Company Car & Company Benefits
Nelsons For Cartons & Packaging is a leading supplier of shelf-ready packaging solutions to UK based businesses. Our aim is to provide top class products with high class service, yet at a competitive price. Now part of the Macfarlane Group, we are seeking to expand our coverage and critical to this is the successful appointment of two Sales Development Managers to help further grow the National offering of our Retail, Display and Food Packaging Division.
The Sales Development Manager Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two experienced packaging sales professionals to join our business and expand our coverage (two roles, one in the North and one South). These are sales development roles, whereby you will be focussed on building pipeline, taking and generating sales enquiries, attending meetings and converting prospects into new customers.
The majority of focus for growth will be spent targeting food manufacturers, typically aiming to secure those with annual spend level of between £100-£500k. With both roles being based at one of our key regional sites, you will manage your own diary, meeting prospects/customers to discuss their exacting requirements in order to understand the technical brief and ultimately quote to provide the solution. As this is a ‘green field’ sales territory, the first 6 months will be taken to lay the foundations, whereby a firm sales target and associated reward scheme shall then be established.
Sales Development Manager Key Duties
Reporting to the UK Development Director, key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Create, agree and implement a sales plan for the region
- Following up on marketing data/leads (including some ‘legacy’ intelligence)provided to arrange and attend appointments
- Build & maintain key decision-maker/stakeholder relationships within all new accounts converted, executing an effective call-plan to undertake regular customer review meetings to aid tracking of changing needs and identify cross-sell/up-sell opportunities and promote new solutions and maximise account spend.
- Maximise both sales and profit responsibly by being aware of the profit implications of selling stock products as opposed to non-stock products.
- Utilise CRM to follow up all sales leads, enquiries and quotations.
- Adopt a consultative approach with clients ensuring solutions recommended meet their requirements.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of all packaging solutions, sharing knowledge with other colleagues.
- Ensure a high standard of sales administration at all times.
- Liaise as appropriate with internal colleagues across the Macfarlane Group
- Work within the company’s IS09001 and IS014001 policies and BRC guidelines
- Participate in reviews as required.
Do you have the correct profile?
We are welcoming applications only from experienced packaging sales professionals who already have a reasonable understanding and familiarity with the corrugate manufacturing process. Any additional exposure to or knowledge of corrugated printing such as litho, digital and HQPP, and structural design would all be a bonus but not essential as training will be provided. Coupled with this, we are seeking a ‘new business sales’ person, not simply an account manager; so applicants must be able to demonstrate a good track-record of having grown a sales territory via their own efforts with business development techniques. You will have a valid UK drivers licence and ideally be based in (and be familiar with) the wider region (North or South).
Prior experience of having sold into the food manufacturing sector would also be a distinct bonus. You will naturally have all the traits of a successful sales professional, first rate communication/presentation skills, integrity, drive and a flair for negotiation, but just as importantly is the desire to really ‘own’ your region and spearhead some serious growth.
We are seeking someone to seriously drive growth and our rewards package shall be commensurate with this. Not only do we offer an attractive basic salary (negotiable in line with experience) but our bonus/commission plan will provide scope to add some serious value to the overall earnings. The role comes with company car, laptop/tablet, and smartphone as standard. As part of the Macfarlane Group you shall also enjoy a flexible benefits package. Macfarlane Group is dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a high priority appointment whereby shortlisted applicants can expect to be invited swiftly for interview at a mutually convenient location. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can generally expect to hear back from us within ten working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE