Truly innovative food packaging design, development & manufacturing , our clients products combine paper or board with the minimum of plastic, to produce functional, practical and appealing packaging solutions. Their main production process involves flexo print, lamination and cutting followed by gluing, tray forming or bespoke folding and sealing processes. Most end uses include heat-sealing on automated food to go, tray, flow wrap or Multivac type equipment.
We are seeking to recruit a Packaging Technologist with good general knowledge of similar types of packaging, preferably with more extensive expertise in at least one area that supports these packaging materials.
The successful candidate will take part in the day to day running and normal workload of the Technical Department, but also be expected to take a lead role in new product development, working closely with Production, Customers and Suppliers to ensure new products are assessed, tested and developed in an effective manner to time and cost.
The main duties will include:
Approving suitability of new materials and designs. Setting specifications and test criteria for new products. Working with Production, Customers and Suppliers to ensure fit for purpose. Working with Machinery Manufacturers to ensure new products run correctly. Identifying root cause and corrective actions for product performance issues. ........The ideal candidate Knowledge of paper/carton packaging and/or flexible packaging, preferably within the food sector. Strong analytical skills and ability to work equally well alone or in a team. Ability to design and carry out simple tests and techniques and interpret the results in order to match materials and products to customer requirements. Ability to convey information to both technical and non-technical people at all levels. Candidates would preferably have a Science or Technical degree or a minimum of an HNC, plus additional relevant experience and:
· Must have worked at some level in the packaging sector, within a packaging manufacturer, materials or equipment supplier, preferably in a role including some technical service or similar, customer facing experience.
· Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Excel. Have excellent communication and organisational skills plus the ability to manage work with minimum supervision.
· An understanding of the current events surrounding use of plastics in the packaging sector.
· Some knowledge of component testing and CAD drawings would be an advantage.
The role reports to the Head of Technical and training will be provided where necessary but the candidate will need to be able to work with minimum supervision to meet defined goals and make a positive contribution to the team from the start.
The role is based from the London office with travel around the UK & Europe. Full driving license required with the willingness and flexibility to travel and work /visit manufacturing facilities, customers and suppliers, as necessary.
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Cartonboard Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Flexible plastics Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Retail Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Equipment and machinery Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Food Research and development jobs in London (Central)