Head of Packaging Development
- Lead the development of Packaging - NPD + EPD & manage a team of 4 packaging technologists.
- Deliver and report on departmental targets.
- Support in setting company product strategy and lead the sustainability strategy
- Support all Packaging development required across to business ensuring relevant packaging is sourced and influences the sourcing strategy
- Support the R+D director in developing product strategy
- Develop the sustainability agenda and translate to our customers
- Develop packaging from either current options or custom options ensuring testing is carried out to the appropriate level.
- Create a high performing team servicing the most demanding customers
- Complete NPD costing for feasibility projects and in conjunction with the buying team for final costings
- Development of a print management system to ensure approvals are tracked simply and quickly.
- Ensure standards are set for all packaging items and develop system if required
- Investing time to start an ongoing improvement project to improve production efficiency within the factory.
- To sign off NPD projects from a packaging risk point
Skills/exprience required :
- Good communication & organisational skills with the tenacity and patience to work across teams to resolve issues and drive for results.
- Customer focused attitude and comfortable in customer environment.
- Leadership skills
- Team player
- 5 + years experience in FMCG packaging industry
- Line management experience
- Product design or Engineering qualification/IOP qualification
Apply for Head of Packaging Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly