NEW VACANCY! (PK5667)
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER WEST YORKSHIRE
Salary up to £35K + Overtime + Up to 5% Pension
Hours of Work: 07:00 – 15:00 Monday to Friday OR 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday
Our client is a leading flexible packaging converter currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join their team. The role is to cover a day shift, hours can be flexible to suit, for this 24 hour manufacturer.
You will be responsible for planned and preventative maintenance along with breakdown repair to minimise downtime. Siemens PLC experience and 17th edition qualifications are preferred. Any experience working on packaging machinery will be an advantage. Any factory maintenance and mechanical maintenance is also a bonus.
- Reporting to the Production Manager, this is very much a hands on role, dealing with daily electrical machine issues
- Directing and managing all maintenance operations on shift and environmental compliance with responsibilities for productivity, quality, safety and housekeeping.
- Putting in place preventative maintenance plans to ensure that the machines are maintained to the highest possible standards, with minimal disruption to production
- Problem-solving skills – to solve complex problems while troubleshooting failed equipment and refining products.
- Creativity –To find new, innovative ways to design, modify, and troubleshoot programs.
- Decisiveness – To make firm, informed decisions about the projects worked on.
- Eye for detail –Must undertake precise work where a small mistake can have serious consequences.
- Commercial awareness – Keeping pace with commercial trends and innovations helps to develop the best solutions.
- Planning and organizational skills –Plan how to allocate resources, develop achievable budgets, and manage their time and the time of people involved in their projects.
- Written and oral communication skills –To clearly communicate with a variety of specialised and non-specialist workers