Sector Specialist – Packaging.
2 days left
- Full Time
Sector Specialist – Packaging.
WRAP works collaboratively with an array of leading organisations to facilitate and deliver practical solutions to improve resource efficiency. Our mission is to accelerate the move to a sustainable, resource-efficient economy by:
- re-inventing how we design, produce and sell products,
- re-thinking how we use and consume products, and
- re-defining what is possible through re-use and recycling
The business operates uniquely within the space between governments, businesses, communities, thinkers and individuals – forging powerful partnerships and delivering ground-breaking initiatives to support a more sustainable way of operating. We are world leaders in establishing the facts and getting the right people working together to covert ideas into action.
The business now seeks to recruit a packaging professional to lead cross-industry collaborative projects to develop and implement best practice that will help leading UK food and drink companies to deliver their commitment and targets concerning packaging plastic waste. Working with leading businesses along the packaging chain, you will embed changes, making the business case for action and advising on implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, set up, lead and facilitate collaborative initiatives, working groups and projects to develop and introduce best practice in packaging supply and demand for priority product categories – targeting those behaviour changes that will deliver a step change in impact towards the targets of the UK Plastics Pact.
- Recruit retailers, brands, manufacturers, packaging convertors and other key stakeholders to lead, participate in and fund collaborative projects.
- Work with leading businesses and other stakeholders to make the case for changes in what they supply and demand, and advice on implementation.
- Work with leading businesses and other stakeholders to motivate and share good packaging practices more widely across the sector.
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with relevant stakeholders in businesses, trade associations, governments, professional institutes and research organisations, developing new methods of delivery towards the targets of the UK Plastics Pact.
- Maintain and develop the businesses relevant expertise and capabilities – by building personal expertise and developing that of others.
In order to be successful in this role, candidates will need to demonstrate evidence of relevant technical experience in the plastic packaging value chain, including design, function, materials choice, production and procurement. Ability to tailor behaviour change solutions to the commercial processes and opportunities along the packaging chain and build a business case for adoption is also essential, along with evidence of ability to build effective relationships with retail, manufacturing and packaging industry representatives at all levels, to develop initiatives on adopting new best practice.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.