Sales & Marketing Manager - Packaging
PK5671 - SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
Circa £70K (Negotiable) + Company Car + Bonus Scheme + Pension
45 Hours per week
Our client is a well-established, independent distributor of packaging consumables based in the Midlands, a family business which is growing at an impressive rate; current turnover is around £13million. Our client’s company ethos is to encourage an inspiring & passionate working culture and team spirit.
Our Client is looking for a candidate with a background in Sales & Marketing with relevant people management skills to manage a team of more than 10.
Strong Sales Managerial Experience is the essential for this position, Marketing experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Office based role but you will need to go out as required
- Overseeing all aspects relating to Sales and Marketing needs at target, new and existing customer level.
- Leading a team of up to 10 highly motivated sales team members, a marketing team of up to 3 and being responsible for their learning and development overall.
- Developing and nurturing profitable business relationships in line with company strategic sales plan.
- Building partnerships through targeted sales campaigns and demonstrating how products meet clients’ needs through a solution based selling approach.
- Utilising, developing and maintaining prospects from the company’s CRM database.
- Maximising sales distribution, participation and profitability within the healthy portfolio of existing customers.
- Ensuring call plans, activity planning and all sales reporting is executed in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
- Working closely with NSM’s, RSM’s and AM’s to ensure they are up-to-date with market developments, ensuring schedules, service levels and customer expectations are being met.
- Fully supporting and promoting all marketing initiatives and ensuring return measures are fully met.
- Taking a prominent role as part of the senior Managers group.
- Overseeing the selling of transit packaging solutions and associated product ranges multiple sectors.
- Working with the Sales Director to set sales and marketing KPI’s to manage activity within the team & reward.
- Performance management of underperforming members of the team.
- Overseeing all marketing activity and ensuring the marketing strategy aligns to the total business strategy.
- Responsibility for sending marketing emails to customers via the CRM / relevant marketing tools.
- Managing the company’s social media profile and responsible for posting relevant targeted content.
- Arranging for the company to attend relevant industry events and conferences.
- Responsible for the management of all associated activity with the designated third-party partner. E.g. PR & SEO.
- To act as a guardian of the company brand, ensuring brand guidelines are both adhered to and respected internally and externally.
- Reporting to the Sales Director.
- Ideally of graduate calibre with a relevant industry knowledge or strong awareness from within a similar or closely linked field.
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness of multiple sectors.
- Experience of selling a portfolio of products across multiple sector types is preferred.
- A proven ability to develop tactical strategies and prioritise daily, weekly and monthly activities to deliver them.
- A track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets and KPI’s.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and analytical communication skills.
- An innovative and creative thinker, with flair and a passion for success.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- A current ‘clean’ UK driving license with flexibility to travel extensively within the UK.