Operations Manager - Rigid Plastic Packaging
4 days left
- Full Time
Operations Manager – Injection Molded Packaging
Molded Rigid Packaging
Based: South East/East Midlands
Basic Salary Circa: £65,000 + Car or Car Allowance + Pension + Private Family Healthcare
My client is global player in plastic conversion specifically focusing on the packaging market. Serving a client base operating in both consumer and industrial spaces this organisation specialise in the manufacturing of moulded plastic packaging. As a result of a recent organisational reshuffle they wish to appoint someone to their senior leadership team in the position of Operations Manager.
- Reporting to the General Manager you would be responsible for the operational output within a circa £30-£35m turnover manufacturing site.
- This position will have a number of direct reports including; manufacturing, engineering, supply-chain, quality, health & safety and planning in addition to 140+ indirect reports.
- With a keen focus on lean you will seek to embed a culture of continuous improvement through implementing best practice and associated training & development programmes.
- Manage the operational budget to ensure optimum cost reduction initiatives are in place.
- Utilise root-cause analysis to drive a “right first time” to quality management, seeking to maintain industry leading operational metrics in delivery, quality and most importantly Health & Safety.
- Evidence of driving continuous improvement in a diverse manufacturing environment, ideally within plastics.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience in manufacturing.
- Ability to demonstrate high leadership capability – driving cultural change whilst also coaching and mentoring others to enhance performance.
- Evidence of strategic thinking – deliver a roadmap for long-term success.
- High emotional intelligence, able to engage at both a board-level and the shop-floor.
- Degree education would be advantageous along with associated lean qualifications.
- Although this role does not hold ultimate responsibility for sales it is paramount that you are strong in front of the customer, able to leave a lasting impression of professionalism.
This is a career opportunity not a job so we invite applications from committed, career minded individuals.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details.
Unfortunately due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every response and therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days it is likely that your application has not been successful.
Apply for Operations Manager - Rigid Plastic Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly