Packaging Technologist | Food Packaging | Cheshire
Providing award winning service and technical excellence, this leading food manufacturer is more than passionate about maintaining their market lead, and as such requires a Packaging Technologist work with the NPD team/Sales & Marketing to support customer requests and drive fresh thinking.
Packaging Technologist | Food Packaging | Cheshire | £26k-£33k+
Home to some of the most delicious biscuits and other sweet treats including seasonal fayre, this fabulous company’s biscuit portfolio ranges from simple shapes to intricate hand decorated designs, perfect for every occasion.
As Packaging Technologist you will be responsible for:
- Fit for purpose packaging – ensuring all packaging developed is fit for purpose, satisfies market needs and fulfils the client’s expectations
- Cost saving/value engineering – identifying and evaluating opportunities for cost reduction and increasing company profits by promoting the most cost effective packaging formats and specifications to meet customer requirements
- Innovation – examining alternative packaging formats and pushing boundaries to deliver innovation either in the form of constructional packaging or new technological advancements in ink and/or printing techniques
- Policies and legislation – ensuring all client policies and packaging legislation is adhered to and communicated to stakeholders, when appropriate
- Reports – producing monthly reports indicating cost savings, innovation, issues and next steps
- Artwork and press approval – involvement in the artwork approval process; attending press approvals when required
Key attributes required:
- Institute of Packaging Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Extensive packaging development experience, preferably with a food packaging background
- Experience of project management with the ability to manage several projects to agreed schedules
- Strong commercial awareness and creativity
- Good influencing skills
- The ability to organise and motivate people
- Experience of major change projects i.e. new factory lines
- Computer literacy
An opportunity to fulfil an influential role that will fully utilise your existing experience in packaging – the role for you if you have the desire to join a business on a progressive upward curve of success that can offer a wide range of long term opportunities.