Group Innovation Director
My client is a leading player in the packaging market, with a well-established reputation. Due to their continued growth they are now recruiting a Group Innovation Director. The business supply on a global basis into a blue-chip customer base in food, beverage and personal care sectors. The business provide class leading service and support and are passionate about innovation and new market trends.
- Management of NPD team on a global basis, co-ordinating the team and taking responsibility on larger projects from concept through to launch, ensuring the internal critical path is adhered to and achieved.
- Continually analyse and respond to business needs and plan the achievement of all short and long term business objectives.
- To have a clear understanding of the markets they trade in and the competitors in that sector.
- Implementation of NPD Packaging strategies through project management and cross-functional collaboration. Lead cross functional teams in assessment of new packaging concepts, engaging Retail/Marketing, Sales, Technical and Operations.
- To stay abreast of global packaging and design trends through research and trade shows
- Maintain awareness of market, consumer trends and competitor activity to identify business opportunities
- To inform the business on trends in pack innovation and technology in the market and with suppliers and use input to shape strategy and projects
- To monitor competition and customer activities and be knowledgeable on activities within the Group (across divisions)
- To develop, optimise and embed tools and approaches that are required for breakthrough packaging innovation and be a strong advocate of their implementation.
- To develop packaging solutions from initial concept that meet defined consumer & customer benefits.
- Support and deliver the creation of new packaging briefs in line with new product development.
- To lead packaging in key customer presentations illustrating a sound understanding of packaging innovation, structures and design
- Manage and present future trends in packaging to customers/Retailers as part of innovation days.
- At least 7 years’ experience in leading an NPD team on a global basis within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with additional experience in project management.
- Creative with a passion for design and technical packaging capability
- Good understanding of common packaging materials & different packing systems
- Project Management
- Capable of juggling lots of competing priorities effectively (a good time and priorities manager)
- Ambitious outlook with a can do attitude – a self-starter who does not need close supervision
- Excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic Team Player
- Attention to Detail
- Innovative and challenging mind-set
To register your interest for this vacancy, please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call for an informal discussion on 0113 320 2430