National Sales Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a National Sales Manager to join the UK's leading supplier of consumables to the print and packaging industries. This role comes with superb prospects within Group.
SALARY: £70,000 - £75,000 OTE £82,000 - £85,000
BENEFITS: BMW Type Car + Contributory Pensions + Mobile + Laptop + 25 Days Holiday
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Sheffield, Liverpool, Birmingham, Chester, M62 Corridor, Preston
JOB SPECIFICATION: National Sales Manager - UK & Ireland
This National Sales Manager role is a strategically critical role within a global business supplying technical consumables to the printing & packaging sector. Managing a team of 6 and a sales budget of c$60 Million the position requires a strong commercially focused leader who effortlessly combines a solid technical appreciation with a strong business awareness.
To be successful you will be ideally educated to degree level, energetic, ambitious, decisive and highly structured.
The National Sales Manager position will require you to be the hub for information and knowledge between customers, product development, marketing and sales and as such this role will be highly visible making it an ideal opportunity for an individual with high potential for future development
As the National Sales Manager (6 direct reports) you will be tasked with a number of key accountabilities ensuring the UK continues its extensive market share and profit margins.
· Pro-actively review the work of the regions support teams in order to optimise service levels, rationalise the customer product range and optimise profit generated.
· Produce a plan which will commercialise the value added services of the support teams whilst ensuring both internal and external customers understand the value of services and expertise being provided.
· Deliver large, business critical, project/programme management and other support services, where you will continually improve fiscal and operational performance, expand the service offering and enhance customer satisfaction
· Implement processes and policies for new product development, ensuring it is both customer and market driven with the appropriate margins and volumes to warrant investment. Liaise with and influence with the corporate marketing function to ensure the local business interests are fully considered.
REQUIREMENTS: National Sales Manager - UK & Ireland
To be successful in your application for this National Sales Manager role you will:
· Ideally be educated to degree level.
· Knowledge of the Print and Packaging industries. Any knowledge of inks would be of particular interest, although not essential
· Be commercially astute with strong business acumen; gravitas and integrity are critical attributes.
· Have held senior commercial / sales responsibility and had an exposure to wider business functions (Finance, Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing, HR, Manufacturing etc).
· Have a proven track record of Sales Management and managing, developing, coaching and growing a team, empowering them to perform and 'value' their expertise.
· Experience from a fast paced Manufacturing or Engineering business environment.
· Ability to make strategic decisions with conviction and evidence.
You character must be - vibrant, organised, driven, resilient, decisive and strategic
Globally this is a multi-billion dollar business with operations in over 50 countries and 9,000 employees. It is the market leader for its products both within the UK and globally.
Being part of a multi billion dollar business, they have a policy of promoting from within
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
· Regional Sales Manager, National Account Manager, Business Development Manager. Sales Manager. Business Manager, Sales Director, Commercial Manager
· Printed Packaging, Flexible Packaging, Corrugated Packaging, Printing Inks, Flexo, Litho, Printed Folded Cartons
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting National Sales Manager - UK & Ireland and reference IP15079 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only,