Production Planner / Administrator - Corrugated Packaging
Reference Number : PK5703
£ Open (Depending on Experience) + 25 days holiday
Our Client is a specialist within the design and manufacture of corrugated products and packaging solutions. With many years' experience in product development and production they have earned a commanding reputation.
They are currently looking to recruit a Production Planner / Administrator to join their team.
The role will be office based in a production environment and would be suited to someone with planning experience.
- Maintain schedule of jobs for each machine so as to:
- Ensure delivery of completed jobs on time
- Maximise machine running hours
- Take advantage of efficiencies between jobs
- Import of new jobs into planning system and allocation to machinery.
- Daily revisions to the manufacturing schedule to reflect changing circumstances and new priorities.
- Maintain long term plan with jobs allocated to likely production windows
- Generation of capacity information including:
- Determination of whether new work can be accommodated at short notice
- Determination of leadtimes
- Identification of capacity issues as new jobs are loaded
- Maintain detailed view of status of components required for jobs to go live including:
- Prior conversion operations
- Liaison with suppliers to progress material and other deliveries required for production.
- Develop detailed knowledge of machinery to enable:
- Refinement of running data
- Utilise interchangeability of jobs between machines
- Identify problem jobs
- Liaison with transport department to provide details for daily load planning.
- Purchasing board
- General administration duties
- Generating work instructions etc
Qualifications / Experience:
- Have some experience of planning / scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Be capable of careful analysis and logical decision making.
- Have good IT skills.