BillerudKorsnäs provide high quality paper and state-of-the-art packaging expertise. Together with their global network of converters, they develop smarter packaging solutions that reduce costs, boost brands and contribute towards smoother logistics and a cleaner environment. They have a turnover of SEK 20 billion and employ 4,400 people in 13 countries.
Beetham Mill produces paper for medical device packaging, food packaging and other types of industrial purposes. Specific applications include grease-resistant paper for fast-food industry and direct-seal sterile barrier paper for single use medical devices with production capacity of 45000 tonnes/year and 140 employees.
BillerudKorsnäs are now looking to recruit a Quality Manager for the Beetham Mill in Cumbria, UK.
The Quality Manager will form part of the management team, with responsibility for leading the quality department and quality standards to ensure that the mill meets both legislative and customer requirements, in line with the environmental, health & safety and energy objectives of the business unit.
In terms of direct functional reporting, this position will be responsible for a team of c10 Quality and Technical assistants.
The successful incumbent will forge strong relationships with the existing quality team, with the ability to motivate and engage the team to work effectively and lead by example - conversing well with colleagues and other internal departments.
- Management of the quality team c10 direct reports.
- Responsible for all aspects of all Product Quality.
- Promote Quality culture to drive continuous improvements.
- Provide process technical support and work towards process consistency.
- Actively participate in production meetings.
- Actively work with Production & Engineering staff towards process improvements, in particular process consistency and efficiency.
- Troubleshooting investigations, including process chemicals and process problems.
- Preferably qualified to degree level in a suitable discipline or demonstrate suitable experience.
- Knowledge of Quality Management techniques and systems (ISO9001 & ISO22000 standards).
- Knowledge of papermaking and supporting processes preferred but not essential.
- Ability to plan, execute and manage projects.
- Build a strong team ethic and communicate across internal departments.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – Monocle International. Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details.
Due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every application, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days it is likely that your application has not been successful.