NEW VACANCY! (PK5738)
PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST WEST MIDLANDS
Salary up to £35K + Pension + Other Benefits
Hours of Work: 8:30-5pm Monday to Friday
Our client is an award-winning market leader in manufacturing and supplying branded cling film, foil and baking parchment to the Foodservice sector.
Reporting to the Group Packaging & Product Design Manager, this role focuses on the generation, development and specification of secondary and tertiary packaging components.
- Generation and development of full packaging and point of sale display requirements from concept to launch.
- To deliver insightful and innovative packaging solutions to meet the customer's request, ensuring quality and value.
- Project Management of change control documentation for product line extensions and packaging changes.
- Ensure thorough communications between NPD, Marketing, Process Design, Production, Warehouse and Quality Teams, throughout all processes. Attending either project, BCR or Team meetings as necessary.
- Generation and management of profit improvement projects associated with packaging.
- Manage the existing specification database, ensuring that specifications are held and defined for each and every packaging format, ensuring the format meets the manufacturers and the company's process capabilities and legal compliance.
- Liaise with Product & Project Managers, helping to achieve their goals.
- Liaise with Graphic Design and artwork teams with regards to generation and control of artwork. (you won't need to design the artwork).
- Ensuring compliance with internal packaging guidelines, ISO 9001 & BRC standards.
- Responsible for the packaging development process, including product sampling, specifying, factory trials.
- Ensuring configuration of the packaging meets the product and businesses suitability, as well as legal and brand compliance.
- Develop extensive knowledge of existing manufacturing capabilities, ensuring all packaging materials are suitable and effective for use through our on-site manufacturing processes.
- Attend all first production runs and ensure adherence to requirements. (both on & off-site - off site is low frequency, with transport provided).
- Continuous development of profiles to reduce spend and improve efficiencies of packaging machines.
- Work with team members to help source & provide accurate profile drawings to feed into the design data vault.
- Be aware of protecting intellectual property and set up confidentiality agreements where required.
- Educated to degree level with a diploma in Packaging or other similar qualifications will be considered along with experience.
- Experience within a similar role, preferably FMCG/Retail sector.
- Must be well versed in Flexographic, Litho and Screen print. Knowledge of digital processes.
- Ability to present packaging change/improvements to Senior Management or project partners.
- Microsoft Office use.