Business Development Manager - Transit Packaging
SOUTH EAST / EAST ANGLIA
£ Competitive Salary (Depending on Experience) + Bonus Package + Company Car / Car Allowance + Mobile Phone + Pension Scheme + and bonus package, dependent on experience.
Our client is a well-established supplier of transit packaging products based in the South East. They provide their clients with a range of corrugated cases, pallets, plywood cases, heavy duty packaging, cushioning, foam and composite packaging.
They are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to help service their existing customers and look for new sales opportunities in a territory covering North Essex up to Bedfordshire, across to Norfolk and some clients in Coventry.
You will manage a geographic territory for the company, making visits to established customers and seeking out new prospects and opportunities to grow the business. Their product range is wide and most are designed and made to order with a large proportion of repeat business, therefore the ideal candidate will need to be able to pick up basic technical information.
They can offer in house product training, but any previous experience of corrugated or wood products would be a distinct advantage but not above enthusiasm and professional selling experience.
The role is to target approximately 60% new business and manage 40% existing accounts.
The ideal candidate will be within driving distance of the South East as this role is circa 2 days a week in office researching etc, and then 3 days out and about.
- Servicing existing accounts and targeting new prospects
- Office based research, with high proportion customer/ prospect visits.
- Gaining a knowledge of the products and matching these to prospects
- Maximising business opportunities on total product range
- Working as a team on projects, from customer brief, through internal design team to obtaining order.
- Calling on a diverse range of customers provides job variation and interest
- Be experienced in technical sales, selling to business on a repeat basis
- Be professional, self-motivated and reliable
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be able to manage your own time
- Have good communication skills and understand customer needs
- Be able to work in an organised way as part of a team or alone
- Have an interest to see design proposals turn into successful orders
- Have a current full drivers licence
Apply for Business Development Manager - Transit Packaging
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly