Group Purchasing/Materials Buyer
NEW VACANCY! (PK5837)
GROUP PURCHASING/MATERIALS BUYER
Salary: £28K + Pension + Death in Service
Hours: 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
CIPS qualifications/ membership required
Our client is a specialist in the design and manufacture of flexible protective packaging solutions, producing a range of high performance films into food and non-food markets globally.
They are looking for a Materials Buyer to join their team to cover maternity leave but this will be a permanent position to continue after the maternity.
- Buying all materials, goods and some specific to role services. This will include all purchases for the UK sites and specific raw materials and products as required for international sites.
- Negotiating the best prices and supply deals with all suppliers.
- Managing multi-supplier and third-party supplier activities as required.
- Optimising purchasing frequency to minimise stock levels while ensuring that manufacturing efficiency is not compromised.
- Manage the material coding and specifications within the purchasing systems used on all sites as required.
- Appoint and manage members of the purchasing team across the UK sites.
- Work closely with Customer Services across both UK sites to ensure the efficient management of third-party suppliers as required.
- Ensure security of supply for key materials by finding back-up suppliers as required.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Source new materials for new products and product modifications as required.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as development, engineering, and quality assurance, to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Work with customer service, manufacturing and sales to forecast demand and plan purchasing to ensure availability of materials or products.
- Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Create and manage product codes on Opera, Mission Control, Datafile and any other information systems used for purchasing and stock management.
- CIPS qualifications/ membership
- Previous experience of purchasing/material buying, ideally a minimum of 2 years.
- Be detail oriented and analytical.
- Persistent in achieving a high level in all aspects of the job.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Have fantastic negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with personnel from all levels of the business.
- A passion to succeed and perform to the best of your ability.
- IT literate and proficient in all Microsoft programs
An understanding of flexible/food packaging could be a benefit but is not necessary as 2 months intensive training will be provided.