Due to an upcoming retirement, an exciting opportunity exists for an Account Manager working within the central belt of Scotland for a Global Packaging business. Reporting into the Field Sales Manager, my client is looking for an enthusiastic, focused and driven Account Manager to join their External Sales team, who is keen to work with existing customers and equally as importantly, gain new business from new customers in qualified market sectors that fit the business needs.
The sales area will cover Central Scotland and you will grow and develop existing accounts and identify new business opportunities. Using your consultative selling skills, listening to what the customer wants, you will build strong relationships with prospects and customers by understanding their requirements and identifying appropriate packaging solutions.
Selling primarily from the Integrated plants in Scotland you will work closely with your internal colleagues in sales, design, planning, production and logistics to ensure maximum operational efficiency and deliver the best possible customer service to meet and exceed your own and the companies sales and margin targets.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- The desire to generate new business through targeting and identifying specific market areas that complement and are aligned to the business strategy
- The ability to cross sell and provide business solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Tenacious , positive ‘ can do ‘ attitude
- The ability to ‘close a sale’
- A proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Structured sales approach with the ability to work with a team and autonomously
- Highly motivated with a desire to succeed
- Numerate and commercially astute
- Organised and professional in attitude, conduct and appearance
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A background in packaging or experience of selling into the food and drinks sectors would be useful
- PC Literate and competent in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Unfortunately, due to the anticipated high numbers of applications we will not be able to respond to every applicant. If you have not received feedback within 30 days, your application may have been unsuccessful.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details.