Sales Development Manager
Sales Development Manager (Northern Region)
Sector: Retail, Display and Food Packaging Division
Package: Basic Salary £45,000 (dependant on experience) plus Bonus/OTE, Company Car & Company Benefits
Nelsons For Cartons & Packaging is a leading supplier of shelf-ready packaging solutions to UK based businesses. Our aim is to provide top class products with high class service, yet at a competitive price. Now part of the Macfarlane Group, we are seeking to expand our coverage and critical to this is the successful appointment of a new Sales Development Manager to help grow our offering across the wider Northern region of our Retail, Display and Food Packaging Division
The Sales Development Manager Role
The role is to develop predominantly SRP and Display Corrugated packaging within the Northern Sales Area. Based in the North you will have full site support along with an excellent package to match the expectations of this key role. Key duties will include…
- Create, agree and implement a sales plan for the region
- Following up on marketing data/leads (including some ‘legacy’ intelligence)provided to arrange and attend appointments
- Build & maintain key decision-maker/stakeholder relationships within all new accounts converted, executing an effective call-plan to undertake regular customer review meetings to aid tracking of changing needs and identify cross-sell/up-sell opportunities and promote new solutions and maximise account spend.
- Maximise both sales and profit responsibly by being aware of the profit implications of selling stock products as opposed to non-stock products.
- Adopt a consultative approach with clients ensuring solutions recommended meet their requirements.
Do you have the correct profile?
We are welcoming applications only from experienced packaging sales professionals who already have a reasonable understanding and familiarity with the corrugate manufacturing process. Any additional exposure to or knowledge of corrugated printing such as litho, digital and HQPP, and structural design would all be a bonus but not essential as training will be provided. Coupled with this, we are seeking a ‘new business sales’ person, not simply an account manager; so applicants must be able to demonstrate a good track-record of having grown a sales territory via their own efforts with business development techniques. You will have a valid UK drivers licence and ideally be based in (and be familiar with) the wider Northern UK region. Prior experience of having sold into the food manufacturing sector would also be a distinct bonus.
This is a high priority appointment whereby shortlisted applicants can expect to be invited swiftly for interview at a mutually convenient location. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. Please note that all shortlisted candidates can generally expect to hear back from us within ten working days of making their application. If you do not therefore hear back within that timeframe, please assume that your application has not been successful on this particular occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE