Senior Creative Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our NPD department for a Senior Creative Designer to join the team within our Rivendell site in Leeds.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Creative brief response by strategic and tactical relationship, whilst making time for proactive idea creation.
- Creative design is a Group tool utilised to bring new concepts and designs to life ready for assessment by committee ahead of resource or product development time in the factory.
- Take part in regular NPD meetings where all new ideas with potential for development are measured against consistent criteria as part of the Development Gate Process.
- Utilising existing knowledge of the IP process, ensure that any concern over previous artwork design is flagged at the ideation stage known as Gate One.
- Required to be present at customer innovation days to help lead the brief and creative response.
- Ensure all projects are recorded on a system with noted lead time and tailored response once potential value of work is understood.
- Lead research efforts: conducting observations, visiting trade shows and collating findings into actionable insights
- Acts as the lead contact for the assignment and ownership of new projects.
- Collaborate seamlessly with R&D partners in suppliers, academic institutions and non-competitors and develop these relationships to maximise the productivity of the UKFC technical teams to deliver the best results.
- You will be responsible for managing the production requirements of the department, reporting activities to the Insights and Creative Manager and wider NPD team, when required.
- Passion for packaging to contribute to a great consumer experience and the building of strong brands through innovation
- Broad solid foundation across packaging technologies, ability to engage and steer technical topics with suppliers. At least one area of specialism.
- Previous experience with either a supplier in a similar role or within a packaging supplier for either paper, board and rigid products that require structural input.
- Experience of the FMCG environment and Private Label retail process and expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to listen and translate this into actionable briefs.
- Ability to adapt well to new environments and manage change.
- Highly professional project manager, action-biased with strong work ethic.
- Personal initiative, self-motivated, able to quickly understand objectives and independently manage the delivery of results.
- Creative problem solver with ability to analyse root causes and bring new ideas to the table.
- Travel may be required therefore current, clean driving licence an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the specification, please forward your covering letter and CV along with your salary expectations to our team.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.