How to find out what employers really want in the packaging industry
The simple answer is research. The better you are prepared the better you will perform as our Packaging Recruiters will tell you....
Ian Roe from Mercury Search and Selection provides his insight...
- The company website
- Trade press – Packaging News
- Look for successes
- Challenges – economic, legislation environmental etc
- What are their competitors up to
- What is going on in their market
- Look at the company profile
- Look are the interviewer’s profile
- Look at the profile of people working in a similar role at the company
You should start to be able to pick up a sense of the key issues facing the business and importantly the things that are important to them.
Tony Moroney from Wallace Hind Selection provides his insight...
- Ask your recruiter / interviewer for a detailed job description. If you are applying through an agency, spend time asking them questions, prior to your interviewer. Remember, the recruiter is on your side