Production Manager – Plastic Injection Moulding
£Negotiable + Car
Based Flitwick, Bedfordshire
This is a rare opportunity to join the RPC Group plc - a global design and engineering company specialising in polymer conversion in packaging and non-packaging markets. Highly acquisitive, this successful Group generates sales in excess of $3 billion p.a. from over 188 operations across 33 countries.
Massmould at Flitwick, now part of the RPC Bramlage Division, manufactures an impressive range of injection moulded closures for a high profile, blue chip customer base. With a turnover of £16m p.a., this rapidly expanding business is now seeking to recruit a Production Manager with strong engineering and technical skills in plastic injection moulding.
Reporting to the Production Director and working alongside the Factory Manager, you will be responsible for co-ordinating the efficient setting and maintenance of injection mould tools and ancillary equipment to meet planned volumes and quality standards. This diverse and ‘hands on’ role will include responsibility for:
- The management, motivation and development of a technical team of 16 including Cell Supervisors, Process Technicians, Maintenance Engineer, Machine Cleaners & Apprentices.
- Overseeing the on-going development of a site preventative maintenance program including tooling, machinery and equipment.
- Driving an improvement in operational KPIs including OEE and waste.
- Evaluating, planning and implementing continuous improvement plans such as SMED to improve tool changeover times.
- Helping to maintain the site’s strong Health & Safety culture.
Candidates will have a strong production/technical or engineering background, gained in a plastics injection moulding environment, ideally in a similar volume manufacturing, consumer driven organisation.
With a practical approach and ability to ‘lead from the front’ you will be able to demonstrate sound team leadership experience, and a track record of technical, engineering and production efficiency improvement. Energy, enthusiasm, passion and flexibility are all prerequisites for this key role.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, detailing your current remuneration and quoting the above reference via the apply button.
Closing date: Friday 26th January 2018.
We will contact all short-listed candidates directly. If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion: however, we will be pleased to advise you of other suitable opportunities in the future.