Quality & Technical Manager
Amcor Flexibles Extrusion
Quality & Technical Manager
Amcor Limited is a global leader in responsible packaging. Amcor develops and makes innovative flexible and rigid packaging that is functional, appealing and efficient for the company's customers and their consumers, and more sustainable for the environment. Ninety-five percent of Amcor's sales are into the food, beverage, health care, and tobacco industries. The company employs more than 35,000 people worldwide, operating in 40-plus countries across 200 sites.
The Ilkeston site, part of the Film & Foil Business Unit, manufactures high quality, technical, extruded blown film, supporting a diverse and blue chip customer base, internally and externally, each with their own stringent quality requirements. Employing c90 people and with a profitable turnover of £40m p.a., the company is continuing to drive growth and continuous improvement across all areas, recently launching their journey to quality excellence – ‘Quality End to End’.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Technical & Quality Manager will take responsibility for the management of technical, quality and product development requirements for the site, with a remit including:
- Working with internal teams and customers on technical developments, both new products and product/formulation changes, including trialling and approving new raw materials, improving the performance of existing products and identifying areas of cost out.
- Driving continuous improvement of quality systems including ISO9001/14001, BRC and AIB.
- Working with the General Manager on the delivery of the ‘Quality End to End’ programme, ensuring best practice and quality and technical excellence.
- Leading a direct team of 2 and a total function of 6 across the Laboratory and Product Data/Food Safety.
- Improving site KPIs including cost of quality, customer complaints, scrap etc.
- Building strong, effective working relationships with customers, both internally and externally.
Candidates will ideally be educated to degree level in Polymer, Materials Science or Packaging Technology, with proven experience of delivering technical and quality excellence, driving culture change and improving performance through continuous improvement. This experience must have been gained in a plastics film extrusion, film conversion, or related plastics processing environment. Exceptional candidates in other areas of packaging may also be considered.
Key to success in this role will be your ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
We are looking to attract candidates who are capable of further development in this dynamic and forward thinking Group.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained consultants – McCourt Newton.
To apply please send your CV, with cover letter and current salary details quoting the above reference via the apply button.
Closing date: Monday 5th February 2018
Applicants must hold a working visa for the UK. If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days after the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.