Slitter Operator - Labels or Flexibles
NEW VACANCY! (PK5287)
SLITTER OPERATOR GREATER MANCHESTER / MERSEYSIDE
£21K Start Salary to increase after training + Pension
Rotating 3 Shifts, Monday to Friday
Our client is a well-established family owned manufacturer who specialise in flexographic printing, lamination and slitting. They have a current requirement for a Slitter Operator to run a high volume Slitter.
The main purpose of this role is to set-up, operate and monitor slitting machines which convert master rolls of film to finished customer orders at optimum efficiencies, meeting customer specifications including visual inspection and pre packing of the finished product.
Key tasks will include; setting up of slitting machines to maximise efficiency, trouble shoot slitting faults and make any necessary adjustments, input slitting information and reel data into the plant quality assurance system and liaising with other operators to ensure the product meets the customer specification and orders are complete.
The successful candidate must work well as part of a team, have a good standard of communication and interpersonal skills, be able to plan and organise their work with a concern for standards and attention to detail.
Key Skills / Responsibilities;
- To understand the process of setting up and running the machines
- Properly operate machines to run efficiently and produce quality products
- To operate the machinery in a safe working manner in line with all company best practices and procedures
- Maximise the utilisation of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed
- To ensure that the machines and the area surrounding the machine is kept in line with Health and Safety, Hygiene and Housekeeping standards
- Working to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated individual who pays close attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible
- General administration skills
- Excellent communicator to all levels of Managers and Employees
- Able to follow instructions and complete within a given timeline