Packaging Reprographics Coordinator
NEW VACANCY! (PK5296)
PACKAGING REPROGRAPHICS COORDINATOR
Salary dependent on experience (£20-29K) + 31 days holidays including UK bank holiday + Auto Enrol Pension + Free Parking + Childcare Vouchers + Skills Training & Development
Our client is a manufacturer of printed packaging for FMCG markets with a requirement for an onsite Packaging Reprographics Coordinator.
Reporting directly to the Print Technical Manager you will be responsible for the transition of artwork from a customer’s initial concept through to approved print to enable production of a product that allows clients to achieve ‘best in class’ customer service.
The ideal candidate will have a good eye and understanding of colour, will be familiar with print processes and the required origination /reprographics and design to print processes.
You will be required to:
- Liaise with external customers to assess new artwork, providing guidance on likely timescales and costs, and to ensure compatibility with company production capabilities.
- Attend customers pre-artwork meetings (either off or on site) when required.
- Coordinate information on design progress with the sales and customer services department and check all pdf / proofs before distribution to Customers and Sales.
- Use the PECAS system to produce and amend specification sheets containing information about approved colour target, production specifications, correct paper proofs and colour separations. Create job folders and briefs for both internal and external use.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers (Repro Houses and or Plate makers) to order plates for new approved designs and existing designs as required and to communicate progress internally on estimated and actual plate arrival to facilitate production planning. Report any issues to supplier and production and record all comments on origination spreadsheet.
- Check supplier’s invoices and if correct, approve, code and pass to Accounts for payment.
- To collect and store history for life of each design. This will include dates of submitting and approval of proofs.
- To undertake ad hoc tasks as directed by the Technical Print Manager or management at the Company’s discretion.
- To strive for continuous improvement in and follow best practice, BRC standards and achieve departmental procedural compliance.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You will be a reliable, self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the capacity to work to demanding deadlines.
- Be proactive, organised and have a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and have a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Demonstrate good communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Resilient and able to work well under pressure whilst continuing to make sound decisions.
- Have proven problem solving skills.