Supplier Quality Assurance and HSE Manager
NEW VACANCY! (PK5633)
SUPPLIER QUALITY ASSURANCE AND HSE MANAGER
Attractive Salary & Package dependant on experience
To best support us, our ideal candidate will have significant experience of implementing and managing quality assurance of incoming raw materials of a manufacturing plant which has dealt with multiple input commodities which are blended to create a new finished product. They will have experience of establishing new processes and enhancing existing ones to increase operational efficiencies, reduce wastage, and enhance the quality of raw materials.
This is a key role responsible for enhancing supplier quality performance, improving reporting speed and accuracy, costing analysis and overall factory performance. Expected to be flexible in your approach, you’ll drive root cause analysis and a continuous improvement mindset in all areas.
Thrilled at the prospect of joining a developing organisation, you’ll appreciate the opportunity to influence the development of the wider business and your own evolving role. You’ll invest time in understanding our business model and sector.
Motivated by taking a hands-on approach, your first priority will be to thoroughly understand every working function of the factory. This will involve working the first month in every position on the factory floor and office, in addition to visiting suppliers to understand their operational requirements.
Skilled at building internal and external relationships you will demonstrate an entrepreneurial, growth mindset. You must be structured in your daily, weekly and monthly planning, analyse failures openly and be proactive in finding ways to increase safety and quality.
You’ll relish the challenges that working in a developing organisation brings and provide fresh ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect all incoming goods quickly and accurately to ensure quality is per contractual requirements
- Ensure accuracy of incoming goods information (weights, units, quality, commodity) and reporting
- Liaise with management, production and commercial team to establish actions required and value of non-conforming products
- Oversee the proper storage of stock in accordance with insurance, Health & Safety and production requirements
- Actively improve and manage tracking systems for stock from the moment goods arrive, through production and into finished product
- Conduct costing analysis of incoming goods through the production process
- Consider both Commercial & Operational perspectives in all decision making
- Implement and monitor KPI's for the quality processes. Recommend and implement actions where performance is not at the required standard
- Establish and maintain supplier audit and development programs, including performance metrics, source inspections and Root Cause Analysis
- Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and recommended improvements (UK only)
- Maintain and enhance customer service levels (collection & information speed).
- Weekly & Daily planning with Production team to maximise uptimes, throughput and minimise potential for quality contamination
- Gain a thorough understanding of customer quality requirements
- Anticipate manpower requirements and conduct employee reviews for direct reports
- Oversee weekly & monthly stock take to ensure 100% accuracy