Maintenance, Production & Quality Engineer
NEW VACANCY! (PK5636)
MAINTENANCE, PRODUCTION & QUALITY ENGINEER WEST MIDLANDS
Salary £30K depending on experience
Flexible working hours required
Our Client is a flexible packaging manufacturer & converter looking for a Maintenance, Production & Quality Engineer in a hands on role to oversee the production shift operators, to oversee all quality processes and to put infrastructure in place for the service and repair of all the plant machinery to company SOPs, to ensure smooth and efficient production.
The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in maintenance of Blown Film Extrusion machines, you will also have worked in quality compliance and will assess, continuously improve and update quality procedures.
- Designs and implements methods and processes for maintaining and/or increasing production levels to improve production costs, yields, quality, and safety.
- Trains production personnel.
- Troubleshoots process problems and identifies solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs.
- Monitors process equipment to identify potential errors and develops solutions to eliminate the reoccurrence of those problems.
- Designs and conducts plant trials to determine performance capabilities.
- Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
- Implements Production Improvement programs (e.g. SPC, Lean Manufacturing).
- Engages and supervises contractors to install upgrades, trial equipment, etc.
- Stays abreast of blown film industry and vendors to evaluate, sponsor, and potentially install latest technologies.
- Develops optimum manufacturing processes for product/line combinations.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for implementation
Personal attributes must include:
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels.
- Able to build a reputation for service, quality and reliability.
- Able to think, prioritise and plan ahead.
- Able to work to Company Standard Procedures with ability to use own initiative.
- Resourceful with attention to limitations and detail.