Quality Control Manager - BRC / ISO9001 & 14001
NEW VACANCY! (PK5660)
QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER WEST MIDLANDS
Attractive Salary (Dependent on experience) + Other Benefits
Working Hours: 40 hrs per week /Monday to Friday: 8:00-17:00 (flexible)
Our client is a successful privately owned printer and packaging converter who have invested heavily in new technology to ensure that they can offer the most flexible, reliable and cost effective solutions to their clients.
Currently recruiting a proven QC Manager to manage and oversee all aspects of Quality Control ensuring that all complaints are dealt with quickly, professionally and where possible ensuring that any areas of customer concerns are addressed and dealt with. The role will include the maintaining and reviewing all areas of quality control records ensuring that all errors and mistakes are documented by way of Internal Feedback Reports.
- To maintain and update the approved supplier list in accordance with ISO9001 procedures.
- To ensure compliance with all the procedures and processes required by BRC accreditation. Liaising with outside support to ensure that audits are undertaken and accreditation maintained.
- Ensure that all areas of the company’s Health & Safety policies are complied with. Maintain Health & Safety records, undertake regular reviews and ensure that the health & Safety executive internal meetings are undertaken on a quarterly basis.
- Implement and maintain Safe operating procedures and Risk Assessments for all areas of production.
- Record and monitor production performance data to ensure that production performance is optimised with a view to achieving KPIs recorded within annual Sales and Marketing plan.
- To identify areas that need improvement within the company process and implement changes.
- Ensure that the company can demonstrate that they are fully committed to the implementation of the BRC Standard.
- Maintain and update COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) manuals, completing risk assessments and ensuring the company complies with the requirements of manual.
- Maintain, complete and monitor performance levels of IFR & NCR (Internal Feedback/Non-Conformance Reports) recommend appropriate courses of action when problems are identified.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills and a confident telephone manner.
- Well organised, with ability to effectively manage own time and prioritise work
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people.
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to changing priorities and the ability to work under pressure
- Able to achieve high levels of accuracy with figures
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Previous experience ordering goods and monitoring expenditure.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a quality position within the manufacturing sector and will have good knowledge of BRC, ISO 9001 & 14001. You will have previously had responsibility for auditing, complaint handling & resolution and will also be capable of engineering change within the factory.