Sourcing & Procurement Manager
NEW VACANCY! (PK5669)
SOURCING & PROCUREMENT MANAGER LANCASHIRE
Salary up to £35K + Workplace Pension + Other Benefits
Hours of Work: 08:30-17:00 Monday to Thursday
Our Client is a market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of packaging to blue chip FMCG markets. A long established company and part of a larger group in the UK, our client has seen steady and sustainable growth over the last few years.
They are looking for a Sourcing and Procurement Manager to join their growing team.
- Identify New Suppliers and Key Partners.
- Audit/Visit New Suppliers.
- Build Relationships with Suppliers (Worldwide).
- Introduce NEW Product Ranges.
- Provide Full Pricing for New Ranges.
- Organise Sample Stock for New Ranges.
- Liaise and assist Sales on NPD projects.
- Support sales team to provide quick responses to customer enquiries.
- Source lower cost and/or higher quality products for Current Stock Products.
- Investigate new technologies if applicable.
- Calculate delivered costs for solutions and propose (in quote format) to other members of staff.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Responsible for calculating margins and generating quotes on your own projects.
- Input data onto SAGE system.
- Strong technical background essential.
- Primary packaging experience an advantage.
- Ability to problem solve and ‘think outside the box’.
- Highly process driven with excellent file management skills.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Clear, articulate and effective communicator.
- Excellent negotiation skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills with customers and suppliers, both verbal and written.
- International and UK travel required to meet suppliers, often at short notice.
- Extended periods abroad possible.