Packaging Project Manager
Packaging Project Manager
Müller offers you a long-term career with a genuine market leader; an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to significantly grow our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Packaging Project Manager to join our dynamic UK Packaging Development Team. The position is based in our Shropshire head office, however the location can be flexible for the right candidate, ideally to be located in the South Midlands/West Midlands/Shropshire.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Strong technical understanding of packaging materials and processes, ideally specialising in polymers, thermoforming and injection moulding.
- Lead and manage multiple projects ensuring they are delivered within scope, on-time and on budget.
- A hands-on role, to plan and deliver new packaging development projects from concept through to line trials and first production launches; preparing and maintaining pack specifications and delivering technical support for our European manufacturing plants.
- Identify and deliver cost optimisation initiatives as well as researching future trends in packaging technologies to feed back to the Packaging Leadership Team in order to help develop business strategy and direction.
- Ability to anticipate problems and provide solutions with awareness of the potential consequences of change, whilst always ensuring compliance to all legal and regulatory changes.
- Build a significant network within R&D, Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing and Suppliers as well as supporting and coaching the more junior members of the packaging team.
Key skills & experience
- Ideally educated to a Degree level, a packaging related qualification is most desirable.
- A strong demonstrable background in FMCG packaging, manufacturing or quality roles.
- Be flexible to travel within the UK and Europe.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Excellent project management experience and communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
Müller pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful European business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.