Blow Moulding Engineer - Electrical Bias
NEW VACANCY! (PK5694)
BLOW MOULDING ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL BIAS NORTH WEST ENGLAND
Up to £31K + 25 days holiday plus bank holidays + Other Benefits
Hours are typically 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Weekend and night time call out cover to be agreed for additional incentives
Our client is a global plastics manufacturer with a number of high volume production facilities across Europe. There is a current requirement for a Blow Moulding Engineer to be based at their North West facilities to be involved with value engineering, new installations, efficiency improvements and all maintenance activities. The role requires an Electrical bias, experience working in an electrical engineer role on any packaging or conveyor machinery will be considered.
- To assist in the general running of the production.
- Build partnerships with selected suppliers to ensure fast-track innovation.
- Communicating effectively with production personnel to ensure efficient daily running of production machines.
- Communicating technical ideas / problems to non-technical personnel.
- Organise development projects within budget and timescale to provide new packaging options and processes contributing to the profitability of company.
- Carry out value engineering on existing products in order to improve the quality: cost ratio.
- To assist in the transfer of new products and processes into production
- Work closely with Production Manager to ensure Production machinery is available and performing above targets through practical proactive efficiency improvements and maintenance.
- Carry out product / mould variant changeovers when necessary.
- Maintain suitable records of projects and maintenance activities.
- Preferably a time-served craft engineer educated to HNC/HND level with experience of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to think on their feet & solve often-complex engineering issues.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to lead small teams when required.
- Good practical hands-on engineering skills.
- A thorough working knowledge of the Blow moulding process and plant / workshop practices.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of polymer processing techniques
- The ability to manage small projects or sub-elements of larger projects
- A positive attitude with the ability to get the job done.