Project Engineer - Packaging Machinery
Are you from an Engineering background and looking to develop as an Engineering Projects Manager with an outstanding growing business OR are you in an Engineering Projects role looking for a new challenge?
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
· Company Car
· 10% Pension Contribution
· 22 Days Holiday increasing with service
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Livingstone, Lanark, Dumfries, Glasgow
JOB SPECIFICATION: Project Engineer - Packaging Machinery - Food / Drinks / Personal Care
You will be responsible for all aspects of the project including, managing risks, client relationships at multiple levels, project time management, (including work breakdown & activities) planning and critical path analysis and ALL commercials and budgetary controls.
· Communication with customer and internal stakeholders,
· Management of the major project reviews, identifying clear objectives, inputs, outputs and success criteria.
· Monitor and control the project finances (contingency, tooling cost, profit, GM) to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed budget.
· Monitor and control all Project and Product Scope and work packages to ensure they are delivered on time and on cost.
· There will be extensive UK travel and some travel into Europe
REQUIREMENTS: Project Engineer - Packaging Machinery - Food / Drinks / Personal Care
· Proven experience in engineering roles ideally within the Packaging Machinery market sector.
· Any knowledge of the Wine, spirits and beverage background would be of particular interest
· Ideally qualified to at least HNC level in Electro / Mechanical
· Project Engineer / Management experience an advantage but not essential
· Excellent inter-personal skills; able to influence, persuade and negotiate with all levels of people effectively.
· Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
· Good presentation and customer facing skills.
· Highly results orientated; strong drive to deliver.
My client specialise in the sale of filling & packaging machinery into the Wine, Spirits, Drinks, Food and Personal Care Industry, which can include a single machine or a full turnkey solution for bottling and packaging lines. Their customers are world renowned organisations and they pride themselves on the level of customer service that they give their clients. To support continued business growth, they are now looking to strengthen their project team with an Engineering professional.
This role has been created due to current company growth, projected growth plans, and the number of opportunities that have arisen in all market sectors
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Service Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Installation Engineer, Filling / Labelling Equipment, Food / Drinks / Personal Care
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Project Engineer - Packaging Machinery and reference IP15098 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.