NEW VACANCY! (PK5714)
PRODUCTION MANAGER STAFFORDSHIRE
Attractive salary dependent on experience + 33 days holiday + Other Benefits
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00-5:00pm
Our client is a highly innovative and successful packaging manufacturer and supplier looking for a Production Manager to lead a growing of team of over 50 production staff.
The ideal candidate will have an Engineering/Mechanical background and will be able to be hands on when required on the shop floor. Any conversion or inline print experience will be advantageous. You will have a background operating machinery in a manufacturing environment and must have 3-4 years minimum in a Production Management role.
- Ensure factory personnel are skilled, empowered and accountable.
- Lead the drive to be the best in class safety culture.
- Lead by example and earn the respect of the team you are responsible for.
- Plan production to operate efficiently in a dynamic and customer responsive business.
- Keep quality front & centre of your operational priorities.
- Coach the team to enhance the level of empowerment with both the individual and team.
- Coach a collaborative problem-solving approach when resolving challenges within the site.
- Oversee the proper storage of stock in accordance with insurance, Health & Safety and production requirements.
- Prepare comprehensive SOP's and databases for use at the work station to support the team out on the line for reference and knowledge enhancement.
- Define & maximise optimal settings for products & their variants during processing to enhance the team knowledge base and enhance operational performance.
- Implement and monitor KPI's for the operational processes. Recommend and implement actions where performance is not at the required standard.
- Plan production such that time is allocated to both "on the run" maintenance, planned maintenance & annual servicing to maximise up time.
- Weekly & Daily planning with Production team to maximise uptimes, throughput and minimise potential for quality contamination.
- Promote a culture driven by safety, quality, customer service, planning and ownership.
- Maintain and enhance Health & Safety standards via continuous improvement of existing processes, training and action plans.