We are currently working with a global packaging business to recruit a Technical Specialist to join the Technical team on site, concentrating on technical improvements, customer service and quality.
The focus of this role is to provide technical support, advice and representation to customers and sales resources with regard to products manufactured on site. You will be required to develop strong internal relationships and have the ability to communicate with others across the site, with awareness of the current and future market technical demands. The role involves working with the UK Sales team and with regular communication with the Quality, Technical and Customer Service.
- Customer & brand owner technical support & visits relating to trials, developments & claims.
- Claim investigation (liaising with the technical department, quality & production)
- Advise and support Sales Managers on product specification in line with customer requirements and demand.
- Update technical data reports and technical specifications.
- Coordinate competitor sample testing and carry out analysis.
- Compile technical product & market information.
- Arrange product seminars for customer and internal training sessions.
- Coordinate & support customer questionnaire completion.
- Organise & support customer audits.
- Provide internal expertise with regard to the customer converting process, product technical demands & development outlook.
- Support business development activities, sales promotion materials, test data & samples.
- Relevant Industry Experience –Paper, Packaging, Print sectors.
- Driven with the enthusiasm to work well within a team and with customers.
- Strategic, methodical approach.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Confidence to take ownership of issues and resolve problems and complaints.
- Strong communication skills – with the ability to listen to the customer demands, communicating and present well externally on behalf of the business.
- Willingness to travel in Europe and Overseas.
Due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every application, therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days it is likely that your application has not been successful.