Trainee / Jnr Packaging Cad Designer / Sample Maker-Corrugated
NORTH WEST (Please contact me for further location details)
Up To £25K + 20 Days Holiday (An Extra Day Each Year Up To 26 Days) + Bank Holidays
Our client is a corrugated packaging company based in the North West. They provide their clients with a range of packaging solutions including industrial, retail ready, transit, point of sale and shelf ready packaging.
They are currently looking to recruit a Trainee CAD Designer to join their busy design department.
The chosen candidate will be taught how to draw accurately using the 2D CAD system (Impact), and how to operate the Zund CAD cutting table.
You will also be taught how to decipher the relevant corrugated board grades for the chosen packaging design, and to use the paper testing equipment within the CAD / Technical department, to produce reports for customers.
You will be expected to make samples of designs created by the other on-site designers ready for approval. Within time you will be expected to produce CAD drawings that are ready for production areas, order the relevant tooling for manufacturing and liaise with customers.
The ideal candidate will be from a CAD / corrugated background or a Graduate who has done product design or packaging design.
- Computer literate with some understanding of design and shape
- Technical ability and a good eye for measuring and detail are a key part of the role
- Keen interest to learn, good work ethic and to be able to rise to a new challenge are essential to become part of this growing team
- A design qualification BSC / HND or a comparable BTEC design course.
- Maths GCSE Grade C or above (New Grade 4 or above)
- English GCSE Grade C or above (New Grade 4 or above)
- Art / Design GCSE Grade C or above (New Grade 4 or above)
- Well organised
- Ability to work as part of a team to meet tight deadlines
- Honest and hardworking
- Team player
- Able to use initiative