National Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity for a National Sales Manager to join the market leading provider of coding and marking equipment and consumables in the UK selling into a wide range of industries.
SALARY: £52,500 – £57,500
BENEFITS: OTE: £60,000 - £67,500 Year 1 + Company Car + Mobile + Contributory Pension + Life Assurance + 25 Days Holiday, and Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nottingham, Northampton, Worcester, Birmingham, Peterborough
This is a national role, covering the UK, ideally you will be centrally located.
JOB SPECIFICATION: National Sales Manager - Coding & Marking
Reporting to the Head of UK Sales, the role will require you to lead your team of 6 Business Development Managers to ensure all sales targets are achieved. Through your team, you will be required to develop opportunities to directly sell the range of products and services to prospect accounts. You will need to coach and develop the team to become the recognised specialists in the UK, demonstrating both sales and service excellence to inspire confidence and maximise future business success.
This role will be highly visible making it an ideal opportunity for an individual with high potential for future development.
You will be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural leader who critically assesses your own performance, you will be credible and comfortable in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
REQUIREMENTS: National Sales Manager, Coding & Marking
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with:
· A proven track record of success in a Sales Management role
· Ideally a proven track record of success selling a technical solutions into a variety of industries (e.g. FMCG, Food/Beverage, Pharma, Medical)
· Any knowledge of Coding and Marking, Printing Technologies or Industrial Packaging would be of particular interest, but not essential
· Knowledge of different sales techniques and different financial selling models. The ability to utilise according to your team or customer needs.
· A good knowledge and understanding of coaching of prospecting for self- generation of sales leads
· Excellent relationship building and communication skills at all levels externally and internally with a multi- disciplined team.
· Sales planning, forecasting and reporting
· A real ‘can-do’ attitude
· Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial and excellent team player skills.
· Ideally professionally sales trained
My client was established in 1978 and employ over 2700 people out of 25 offices. They are a fully owned subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar global organisation.
Head quartered in the UK with manufacturing in USA, Europe and The Far East, they offer a capital equipment portfolio that includes continuous ink jet, thermal transfer overprinting, thermal ink jet, laser and print & apply labelling. After undergoing a strategic business review, they are now looking to strengthen their management team with a high calibre National Sales Manager
The company have a fantastic track record of promoting from within.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles in the past or currently : Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Sales Director, Head of Sales, Business Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting National Sales Manager, Coding & Marking and reference IP15162 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.