Location – NW Region of the UK ideally Manchester, Lancashire, Yorkshire.
My client is looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to be based at their manufacturing site.
This position plays an integral part in plant operations, special projects, and has responsibility of developing and maintaining motivated staff and achieving budgetary and production targets. Primed for someone with a real engineering and maintenance mind-set and background, this role offers both challenge and reward for the right candidate.
- Responsibility of site services, maintenance and materials management
- You will be responsible for optimising equipment according to standard procedure, enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement of all Key Performance Indicators.
- You will manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvement.
- You will be responsible for the engineering budget and will develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment from drawing up the specification, to managing suppliers through to full installation.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results.
- A hands-on leader, you will have the ability to operate at various levels in the business and channel the various teams towards an end goal.
- Support, encourage, develop the team, and take ownership for team cohesion, with the ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members.
- This role requires someone who can maximise the machines and the tools available.
- You must have experience working in a manufacturing setting and the maximisation of assets.
- You will be able to demonstrate a robust people management skill set, with the ability to deal with a number of varied challenges in a multitude of different approaches.
- Degree level education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification/certification.
- Experience working in a similar Engineering position in a Manufacturing, Polymer, Plastic, Paper environment is highly sought after.
Unfortunately due to the volume of responses our team are unable to acknowledge every response and therefore if you do not hear from us within 28 days then it is likely your application has not been successful.