Based in Paris for a prestigious global Luxury Beauty brand.
Reporting to the senior packaging manager, the Packaging Developer will be executing the development and qualification of packaging solutions for a portfolio of projects on a range of global leading brands from our Luxury Brand Portfolio.
This will involve fast paced development of primary and secondary packaging solutions, from early inception (design in partnership with Marketing, Design agencies and Fashion Houses) through initiative qualification of packaging components at suppliers and our plants & all the way to initiative successful delivery in market.
Initiative must-have success measures include launch delivery on-time, with uncompromised quality, at the right capacity to enable global markets, and at the right cost.
The role necessitates a high level of internal collaboration multi-functionally (Marketing, Procurement, Manufacturing, Planning, Finance, Regulatory) as well as externally (Design agencies, fashion houses, universities, packaging suppliers).
In this role as Packaging Developer, the job holder will be expected to lead the technical qualification of a range of packaging components. They will coordinate the technical testing with both internal lab workers and the packaging suppliers, whilst owning and communicate the final technical specification.
The job holder will actively look to execute organisational capabilities, contributing to the strengths of the Global Packaging Development organisation. This can include exploratory lab testing of new packaging technologies, physical and digital prototyping and rendering capabilities, modelling and simulation approaches.
EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS/SKILS & BEHAVIOURS
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience, ideally within packaging.
- A strong technical / experimental background is essential, preferably with some experience in product design.
- The ability to handle multiple technical inputs and come to quick and insightful conclusions based upon them.
- Operates with discipline in a dynamic and fast moving initiatives pipeline. Must act with a sense of ownership to ensure the right technical plan is in place and the team is focused on the right priorities.
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of packaging materials and processes.
- Willingness to learn and develop organisational capabilities in line with current and future needs.
- Contribute to organisational development through implementation of new processes and systems.
- A strength for collaboration with both internal (Marketing, procurement, Manufacturing) and external stakeholders (suppliers, design agencies, fashion houses)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy.
- Demonstrated performance agility in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Professional fluency in English essential
- Academic qualifications: A Scientific Batchelor’s Degree
- CAD literacy will be a plus
- Ability to work internationally.
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs (global suppliers etc)