Packaging Sustainability Manager
Packaging Sustainability Manager (Global)
Location: London (but open to remote working)
Reports to the Global Director of Sustainability
Main Job Objectives:
• Application of sustainability knowledge for the development of innovative and cost-effective food & drinks packaging solutions and best sustainable technology to support the Global Packaging and Recycling Strategy •
Development of business knowledge with the support of key stakeholders in the packaging field (suppliers, eNGOs, industry associations) to develop world standard expertise in the packaging and sustainability field
• Effective implementation of sustainable solutions in alignment with the strategy, and client expectations
• Identification, development and implementation support of sustainability solutions that add value to customers, measured by business parameters such as consumer satisfaction, operations improvement, environmental impact, sales growth and profitability
• Support development, monitoring and reporting of the annual sustainability targets and metrics.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Provide technology expertise to customers and suppliers with specific reference to sustainability. Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of market level sustainability topics and customer strategies.
• Define specific sustainability requirements in order to communicate this back into the business and ensure alignment in direction and strategy
• Work closely with internal packaging teams and the supplier community to achieve effective implementation activities and solution
• Maintain effective management and control of the environmental risk and impacts related to the business.
• Drive improvements in sustainability performance to ensure stakeholders have a positive perception of the businesses achievements and strategic intent.
Interfaces: All I packaging functions across a Global organisation (AM, PD, QA, Finance, Supply Chain, Graphics) External Customers, Suppliers, NGO’s, industry associations
Education Masters or Bachelor’s degree with a Scientific and/or Sustainability background
5 + years of proven business experience in food, consumer goods or packaging industry environment, with responsibilities in the sustainability field.
Specific knowledge required :
• Sound understanding of packaging development, processes and environmental issues
• Sound understanding of current global environmental sustainability legislation, technologies, trends and technologies.
• Understanding of packaging manufacturing processes, print technology
• Self-confidence to work in a high-profile environment in conjunction with senior client management.
• Very strong in building relationships with different stakeholders
• A self-motivated individual combined with forward thinking approach
• Very good organizational and project management skills
• Strong ability to communicate effectively to different stakeholders
• Experience in working with multi-functional teams
• Excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure within an international and multicultural working environment, willingness to travel (approx. 10 -25% max) which will be mainly Europe, Singapore & USA.