Health and Safety Manager
NEW VACANCY! (PK5811)
HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
Attractive Salary & Package dependant on experience
Our Client is an environmentally responsible company who have developed a worldwide presence, serving hundreds of customers in over 20 countries. And they've grown a strong, capable team of colleagues who are dedicated and loyal. There is a requirement for an experienced Health & Safety Manager
Safety and Quality will be your top priority in every decision. This position will require you to carry out detailed planning, analyse mistakes, be creative and hands on to exceed production targets whilst constantly enhancing safety and quality standards.
Motivated by taking a hands-on approach, your first priority will be to thoroughly understand every working function of the factory. This will involve working the first month in every position on the factory floor and office, in addition to visiting suppliers to understand their operational requirements.
Skilled at building internal and external relationships you will demonstrate an entrepreneurial, growth mindset. You must be structured in your daily, weekly and monthly planning, analyse failures openly and be proactive in finding ways to increase safety and quality.
You'll relish the challenges that working in a developing organisation brings and provide fresh ideas.
This key role will also be responsible for enhancing supplier quality performance, improving reporting speed and accuracy, costing analysis and overall factory performance. Expected to be flexible in your approach, you'll drive root cause analysis and a continuous improvement mindset in all areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote a culture driven by safety, quality, customer service, planning and ownership
- Maintain and enhance Health & Safety standards via continuous improvement of existing processes, training and action plans.
- Proactively train (or obtain outside training) to improve the skills and knowledge of employees
- Oversee the proper storage of stock in accordance with insurance, Health & Safety and production requirements
- Actively improve and manage tracking systems for stock from the moment goods arrive, through production and into finished product
- Ensure accuracy of incoming goods information (weights, units, quality, commodity) and reporting
- Implement and monitor KPI's for the quality processes. Recommend and implement actions where performance is not at the required standard
Qualifications & Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Hands on experience workignin a Health & Safety or Quality role within a manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of the implementation of ISO 9001 or equivalent standard
- Experience of working with multiple plastic polymer types an advantage, but not required
- Chartered Quality Institute Professional/Member with supporting certification
- NEBOSH recognised qualifications
- RSPH certified in HACCP
- BRC/IOP Global standard for Packaging certified
- Green/Black belt 6 sigma trained